Francestown Improvement & Historical Society
Proud Recipient of a 2015 LCHIP Grant
Connecting People to the Past and
To Our Community Today
The Francestown Improvement and Historical Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 147 Francestown, New Hampshire 03043
The Francestown Improvement & Historical Society (FIHS) has been a vital community organization since founding in the summer of 1911. Since then, F.I.H.S. has been responsible for a wide range of important activities and efforts for the town and people of Francestown, New Hampshire.
FIHS is an unique organization having two distinct missions:
* to promote the history of Francestown, NH, preserving our significant collection of artifacts, and
* to fund a number of Town "improvement" projects.
Take a few minutes to explore our website to learn more about F.I.H.S.
We invite you to join our organization to help us as we continue our
important work in Francestown.
JOIN US FOR the 103rd Annual Labor Day Celebration!
Friday, September 3rd - Monday, September 6th
Parade Theme: "Things I do with my Friends"
* Details coming soon - See Links above *
F.I.H.S.'s Mission continues today by:
- Funding Town improvement projects
- Improving Town recreational facilities
- Providing for seasonal beautification
- Collecting and preserving materials and artifacts of historical value
- Providing the public with access to the Society's collection
- Educating the public on the Town's rich and diverse history
** We are fundraising and working hard to renovate "The Beehive" to serve as a home for our historic collection and as a learning and gathering place for the community and visitors interested in Francestown's fascinating history.
Click the button below to learn more or to donate.
By joining, you will help us maintain our many important programs.
As a member you will be invited to our annual membership meetings and receive updates on Society activities throughout the year.
The Francestown Improvement and Historical Society is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
The Francestown Village Store
The 200+ year-old Village Store and the Three Sister's Building has been renovated
and is now open with three tenants.
Micheal White, Financial Adviser, Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc.
Rosemary Conroy, Fine Arts Gallery, Studio B
Francestown Village Store, Phillip Lawrence, proprietor, beer, wine and provisions.